Outreach in simple words means reaching out to your customers through any medium. Reaching out to your prospects, potential business partners, influencers, and pretty much anybody you want to establish some kind of connection with can be pretty tricky. Hence Outreach is one of the ways to engage and communicate with end-users.
Start your Campaign
- Head to Outreach on your Verloop.io platform.
- Click on the ‘+ New Outreach’ button at the top right.
- Fill in the Name field to add a name to your campaign.
- Under Tags, add appropriate tags to easily identify and differentiate the campaign from the others.
- Channel is set as WhatsApp as default for now.
- Choose the Trigger type. There are two options to select from, (a) Via Excel (b) Via API. In this article, we will select Via Excel
- Trigger your WhatsApp campaign using an Xls document.
In this use case, the user presets when to send the campaign and provides the list of recipients and respective placeholder/variable values in the message body.
Verloop.io automatically triggers the campaigns row-wise at the set time using the excel file provided.
- Sending out subscription reminders to a predetermined set of customers.
- Sending out payment plans or product info to a list of leads that is updated at regular intervals.
- Select/Add the message. You can select one of the existing messages or add a new approved message. You will see a preview of your message on a mobile device.
- Download the XLS template
- Fill in the required information and upload it to that outreach
- As your list uploads, you will be able to see the status of the upload against every user name. These are the following statuses you might come across:
- Pending – This means your contact uploading is underway.
- Duplicate User – This means that the contact that you’re trying to upload already exists multiple times in the same list.
- Error Uploading – This means something is wrong.
- Success – This means that your contact has been uploaded successfully.
- Select the recipe to be triggered
In this step, once the end-user interacts with your campaign, you can immediately trigger the next step to drive your user to take an action.
- Head to Action.
- Under Action, click Bot Recipe if you want the conversation to progress according to the recipe you already have in place. For this, Under Bot recipe, select the dropdown to choose the recipe that best works for your campaign.
- Before publishing the campaign, you can also test it by sending it to your test contacts. Review the message in the campaign once again and hit Test.