Verloop.io is proud to have one of the most personalised and customisable FAQ backends in the market. Your bot can be an independent customer support agent by fielding questions, clearing queries and recommending answers on their own.
The FAQ section will let you:
- Provide admins with FAQ validation before training a set.
- Provide admins with analytics on failed responses by ML bot.
Looking for a specific metric? Click the link below to jump directly to that section
- FAQ Home Page
- FAQ Insights
- All Categories
- FAQ Category
- Question Groups
- Questions and Answers
- Search Component
- Train FAQ
FAQ Home Page
The FAQ home page is divided into two sections.
- FAQ Insights
- All categories
This box provides users with insights on success and failure cases in terms of answering visitor queries to the FAQ system.
In this box, users can see 4 metrics that show FAQ performance.
- Questions asked: The total number of queries asked by users in the last 30 days.
- Median Confidence Score: Median of all the confidence scores of the BOT while answering questions in the last 30 days.
- Unanswered questions: Total number of queries that were unanswered by the BOT in the last 30 days.
- Coverage percentage: The percentage of questions answered by the BOT in the last 30 days.
This tab shows the number of grouped utterances, i.e., user queries that have almost similar intents as suggested by the ML.
Here you can see all unanswered and similar phrases clubbed together under groups. Under actions, you can see the utterances under each group and use them to train your BOT.
This section shows you a honeycomb cluster of words used by users with different contexts. On hovering over the word, you can see the various context associated with that word. These words are suggested from all the unanswered questions only.
This section will show user’s the list of all the FAQ categories saved earlier.
In the columns, against each FAQ category, you will see
- View button
- This will open a new page which shows the Question group and questions under the FAQ category
- Three dot menu which has Delete option
- When the user chooses to delete a category we check if it is linked to any recipe and disallow this step if confirmed.
If you’re selling different products on different pages on your site/s, you’re going to need different FAQ databases to answer different questions from your customers.
Verloop.io’s FAQ categories let you do just that.
For this anecdotal example/explanation, let’s assume your company sells chocolates. On one page of your website, you sell dark chocolates, and on another page, you sell mint chocolates. Obviously, both of the products have different prices, different ingredients, and different delivery dates. All of this needs to be reflected in your frequently asked questions and answers, so you need independent FAQ categories.
How to create a new category?
- Click on add new category option
- Users will be able to add a ready-made list of FAQ categories.
- In this case, the user will also be shown the details about already available question groups and questions/answers under the template.
- Users can type a new FAQ category name and add it as a new FAQ category type.
- Users can also choose the language of the FAQ category which is mandatory.
- Once both details are added, click on Create category button.
- Once the user creates the new FAQ category, they will be taken to the newly created page which is split into two sections:
- LHS section which shows the list of Question Groups
- RHS section shows two tabs, 1 each for questions and answers against each Question group chosen in the LHS panel
How to edit a category?
Users will be able to edit the FAQ category by following the below steps.
- Click on the view icon against the category you want to edit.
- You will see all the Question Groups (LHS) and Questions & Answers tabs (RHS) for each of these groups
- Select the question group you want to edit. On the LHS, you can edit or delete existing questions, add another question, or get suggestions for similar questions.
In this section, users will be able to see the list of all the question groups under the FAQ category.
- User will be shown a count of question groups under this FAQ category.
- A search option at the top will allow users to search for question groups. (Search results are filtered as soon as input is fed into the search box.)
- Edit the question group name is not possible after the first instance i.e user can name a question group only once at the beginning. Max 56 characters for the Question group name.
Note: Users cannot edit the question group names for pre-defined intents.
- On hovering, users will be shown an option to delete the Question group.
Note: Users cannot delete the question group names for pre-defined intents.
- At the bottom user will have the option to add a new Question group
Note: Users cannot add question groups under the pre-defined FAQ category.
Questions and Answers
This will show the list of questions and answers under the chosen question group on the LHS panel.
- The questions tab will show the count of questions under this question group and also allow you to search for questions.
- Against every question, you will see a Suggest Similar button and a delete icon.
- At the bottom, users will be able to add a new question by clicking on the Add another question option.
Note: Users cannot add questions for pre-defined intent.
- As soon as any change is made to this section, you will see an action item to Save changes or Cancel them.
- save changes will register the edits
- Cancel will discard the edits.
- The Answers tab will show the count of answers under this question group and also allow users to search for answers.
- A delete option is always available at the end of the answer on the right.
- At the bottom you will be able to add a new answer by clicking on the Add another answer option.
- As soon as any change is made to this section, you will see the action items to Save or Cancel changes.
- Save changes will register the edits.
- Cancel will discard the edits.
- When the user clicks on a new Answer, you will see one of the following types of answers to choose from.
- Text: The default setting for FAQs, you can add multiple answers if you choose to use text as the format for your answer. If you have multiple answers, the bot picks one at random when it is asked a question and alternates between the options. This makes the user experience feel more human, as the bot isn’t just constantly spitting out a singular answer.
- Images/GIFs: You can also use images and GIFs to answer questions from your customers. This can range from cheeky answers to questions like “are you human?”, or product queries, like “can you show me what the dress looks like in black?”. It is important to note though, for purposes of accuracy, you can’t have multiple images for a single block of questions. To enable images, make sure you don’t have any text answers and simply choose the image, under “response time”.
- URLs: Not all queries can be handled through the bot. Certain questions like, “do you have a video tutorial on how to sign up”, are better handled externally. Using URLs, you can provide the resources required to better serve your customers, making your bot more independent of human assistance. The URL will show up as a button, whose text you can edit to say things like “click here”, or “this may help you”. When the button is clicked, the URL is opened in a new tab.
- Link to block: Say someone says to the bot, “I’d like to speak to a human”. With the ability to link to a different block, you can smoothly hand off your customer to an agent without so much as a hitch. To enable a link to blocks, make sure you don’t have any text answers and choose “block”. It will give you a prompt to enter text, this will be the message the customer sees before he’s sent to the block. To complete the process, head over to your recipe page and under enabled FAQ, simply enter the FAQ category you made this change to and choose which block you want your customer to get sent to.
Users will see a Remove answer button in each of the above-mentioned answer types.
Users can search for items at 4 levels.
- At FAQ category level
- At Question Group level
- At Question level
- At the Answer level
This button allows users to train the FAQs of multiple languages with a single click.
- When the user clicks on the Train FAQ button, the FAQ categories are added to a validation flow.
- Once the FAQ is trained, we show users a single message that all the FAQs are trained.