Use this block to ask a question to your visitor. You can also save the user response to a variable. If you mark the question as mandatory, the bot won’t proceed to the next block until the user has given an answer.
You can ask your user to respond with a quick reply option, saving them time from typing out their answer.
In a quick reply, add the following data
- Button Text: Type the text to be displayed within the button
- Next Block: Select the next block in the flow, activated when the customer clicks the button
- Update Variable: Save the answer by assigning a specific value to a variable.
- Triggers: Trigger this button when the user says something matching with keywords. You can add multiple phrases/keywords.
How to use a variable in a Question block?
- Navigate to Bot Recipes > open a recipe > go to a Question block
- Check the box for Save user response to a variable
- You can choose a variable under which you want the answer for the particular block to be saved
Verloop.io allows you to modify how your customers input their answers. If you are using a Button block or a Quick Reply, you can
- Hide message box from Livechat widget – this will hide the message box and the user will have to select one of the buttons
- Allow users to talk to agent – this will give your customers an option to not answer the question and connect with an agent.
Often during conversations with a visitor, you may want the bot to be able to handle an unexpected question. With our Question Block, you have the option to trigger your FAQ block for any question you want the bot to ask.
The question block still serves its original purpose; it waits for the user’s response before proceeding to the next block. You can also save the user response to a variable.
- In a question block, click on ADVANCED OPTIONS
- Select ‘Enable FAQ to respond to user queries’
- You can select from
- Use default recipe FAQ
- Add specific FAQ categories from Dropdown
If you mark the question as mandatory, the bot won’t proceed to the next block until the user has given an answer.