List block is best to be used in a recipe when you want to showcase several options, such as customer care or FAQ menu, take-out menu, selection of nearby stores or locations, available reservation ties, and choosing a recent order to repeat, etc.
1. Set Goal Button: Use it to set the goal of the block
2. List Icon: Represents List block
3. Block Name: By default, the name is set as List, which you can change as per your choosing.
4. Information icon: On hovering will showcase the information of the block.
5. 3-dot menu: You can use it to start the bot flow, delete the block or duplicate the block.
6. Top Node: Gives a direction from where the flow is coming from
7. Down Node: To give direction for the next block.
8. Enter the title placeholder: To give the title to the list.
9. Enter the content placeholder: To give a description of the list that is added.
10. Enter button name placeholder: You can assign the action you want customers to take.
11. Enter your list title here, placeholder: The name you want to be displayed for the list.
12. Add section button: On clicking on the add section button, the following block will automatically get connected to your list block.
13. Section Title placeholder: You can add the section title to the list here.
14. +Add button: It will allow you to add a row to your list
You can configure the row, and change the row name by clicking on the “Row title.”
Furthermore, you can configure its settings, in general, you can add the description of the row.
And even add new variables and change its settings by clicking on variable button. Learn more about adding new variables and configuring variables for the button here.
Click on the settings button to see the following configuration options
Hide message: This setting will allow you to restrict users from typing anything in the message box.
Allow user to talk to agent: If you want to connect an existing transfer block or add a transfer block automatically, just click on the toggle and select Transfer from the drop down as shown below
Make question mandatory: You can make the question mandatory by clicking on the toggle and even add the message that you want to be displayed if the user responds with an invalid response
If the user does not select the given options but sends a different message instead, you can enter the invalid message that you want to be displayed in advanced settings.
In advanced settings, if you have enabled Webhook for the card, another option will be shown to add a dynamic API response to generate cards, as shown below:
On clicking the API response to generate cards checkbox, a dropdown option will appear to select the block for which you want to generate the API response as shown below. Learn more about generating dynamic responses via webhook here.
FAQ settings allow you to either enable the default FAQ by clicking on the toggle and the Use default recipe FAQ checkbox.
You can also custom-select question categories by clicking on the search categories drop down.
For some categories like a chatbot category, you need to link the block to the matching response as shown below, which will automatically pop the dynamic block and connect it to the side node of the List block, as shown below. Also, the corresponding side node of the dynamic block will be connected to the selected block in settings.